During the Covid-19 pandemic, travel is extremely complicated, especially getting into Australia. At Airfare Geeks, we are here to help if you require assistance getting back into Australia. Due to current government restrictions there are several complicating factors that need to be considered prior to booking flights, so please get in touch and we can discuss your situation and find the best way to get you home.
Please note the following points in regards to travel into Australia in the current climate.
- Due to government imposed caps on inbound travelers into Australia, economy class passengers are being bumped from their flights frequently. Most airlines are no longer accepting economy class bookings until at least early 2021.
- There are different requirements and restrictions for each country of origin, each transit point and each airline. These all need to be considered in detail before booking anything.
- All inbound passengers (except in some cases, those coming from New Zealand) will be required to spend 14 days in hotel quarantine at the passenger’s expense on arrival into Australia.
- It’s important to understand that we will need to have a detailed discussion with the passenger/s or a family member or similar who is able to make decisions on the traveller’s behalf before we can start looking at options. We will not send quotes or itineraries without first having a lengthy conversation as we really need to go through each individual’s situation.
- We cannot accept payment by credit card for any travel that originates outside Australia. Unfortunately, this is due to the high level of fraud the travel industry experiences with bookings departing other countries. We can accept B-Pay or direct deposits only.
If you require assistance getting home to Australia, please fill in your details on this page and one of the Airfare Geeks will be in touch shortly.